4 TBSP olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
¼ cup chopped green coriander
¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
1 TBSP mix herbs (ground ginger, saffron and ground turmeric)
Salt and black pepper
2 cup sugar
3 cup water
4 egg, beaten
1 cup peeled toasted almond
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 TBSP cinnamon powder
12 special pastille foils (spring roll foils can be used)
Butter and beaten butter to brush
- Heat oil and fry onion. Add coriander and parsley, and stir.
- Add pigeons after they have been washed well. Mix with onion and add spices, mix and bring to red color.
- Add sugar and water. Simmer on low heat until pigeons are cooked and then add a little cinnamon.
- Remove pigeons out of the sauce, remove bones, and cut into small pieces.
- Place sauce in a pan over heat. Add eggs and keep mixing until eggs are cooked and then set aside.
- Add confectioners’ sugar with cinnamon to the peeled almond.
- Put two pastilla foils and add the mixture of almond, then add the mixture of sauce and eggs to the pigeons. Put two pastilla rolls foils and repeat the previous step.
- Brush pastilla with the beaten eggs and butter, and close from the sides.
- Brush a pan with cooking oil, and then place the pastilla on the pan and brush with a little butter.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven.
- Sprinkle sugar powder and cinnamon as garnish. Serve hot.